Tuesday 7 September 2010

Consumerism!

So apparently I always love shopping. It doesn't have to be for clothes or shoes or CDs, it can be for anything. Even the little chore-like stuff, such as groceries.

The shopping trip I embarked upon today was for uni stuff; the kind of mundane trip most people consider a mild annoyance. But when I found a 39p toilet brush, I was ecstatic. 79p bath mat? Get in my trolley! I managed to colour coordinate everything for my new bathroom using the cheapest items I could find for a total cost of under five british pounds. That's a skill right there.

The kitchen items were no less exciting. I am now the proud owner of an offensively pink colander and a 99p frying pan.

I probably need to get out more.

2 comments:

  1. WHERE DO YOU FIND 99P FRYING PANS?!?!?!

    (More a rhetorical questions, as I live in California so where you found it would be of little relevance to me, but I can't imagine any places here that have 99 cent frying pans [or more like $1.50 frying pans, thanks, shitty value of the dollar])

    ReplyDelete
  2. IKEA.

    It was one of the most amazing discoveries of my life. I spent three hours in that shop, getting lost and not caring.

    ReplyDelete